HANFORD — Farmer, small businessman and state Senator Andy Vidak (R-Hanford) announced the endorsement of several public safety leaders and law enforcement groups during this election season, including:
- Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims
- Fresno County District Attorney Lisa Smittcamp
- Fresno Deputy Sheriff’s Association
- Fresno Police Officers’ Association
- Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood
- Kings County Sheriff David Robinson
- Kings County District Attorney Keith Fagundes
- Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux
- Tulare County District Attorney Tim Ward
- Tulare County Chiefs Association
- Cal Fire Local 2881
- California Association of Highway Patrolmen
- California Correctional Peace Officers Association
- California District Attorneys Association
- California Professional Firefighters
- Crime Victims United
- Peace Officers Research Association of California
“Keeping our neighborhoods safe is one of my highest priorities,” Vidak said in a released statement. “I am proud to have the trust of so many public safety and law enforcement leaders who risk their lives every day protecting our Valley communities.”
Vidak is running for his third term in California’s 14th Senate District against Democratic candidate Melissa Hurtado, a city councilwoman from Sanger. The district includes all or portions of Fresno, Kern, Kings and Tulare counties.
Get local news delivered to your inbox!
Subscribe to our Daily Headlines newsletter.