Try 1 month for 99¢
Second Street garage fire

Light smoke billows from the garage of a house on Second Street. Hanford Fire Department and Kings County Fire Department crews had the fire contained within 30 minutes on Friday.

HANFORD — A small fire in the garage of a home left about $5,000 in damage, said the Hanford Fire Department.

Just before 10:30 a.m., Hanford firefighters said they were called out to a structure fire at 120 W. Second St.

When crews arrived, officials said they found light smoke coming from the attached garage of a house.

Investigation from the crew revealed the origin of the fire was in the garage where the washing machine was with some flames extending to one of the walls of the garage.

It took about 30 minutes to declare the fire under control, but crews remained on scene for 90 minutes, firefighters said.

Fire officials said there were no injuries, and damage to the garage and its contents was relatively minor, estimated to be about $5,000-worth.

In total, 11 Hanford firefighters and five firefighters from the Kings County Fire Department responded to the scene.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.
Load comments