HANFORD — A probation sweep in Hanford led to the arrest of 11 people for various violations, Hanford Police Department officials said.
On Thursday, officials said HPD’s Problem Oriented Policing (POP) Team and Kings County Probation Department conducted a multi-agency probation sweep in the city of Hanford.
The agencies assisting in the probation sweep were the Kings County Sheriff’s Department, Lemoore Police Department, Kings County District Attorney’s Office and Kings County Gang Task Force.
Police said the probation sweep targeted more than 30 individuals at 25 separate locations who are currently on probation.
Authorities said the sweep netted 11 arrests for various violations of the law including narcotics violations, possession of credit cards belonging to another, warrants and violating terms of a court order.
Along with three juveniles on probation who were arrested on various charges, the following adults were arrested:
- Joseph Perez, 30, charged on suspicion of resisting arrest and possession of drug paraphernalia. 10-day post release community supervision flash hold.
- Thomasia Perez, 24, warrant arrest.
- Shelby Sotelo, 57, charged on suspicion of probation violation, possession of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine and identity theft.
- Nicholas Pinon, 19, charged on suspicion of criminal contempt of court.
- Michelle Owens, 20, charged on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia
- Eulallio Medina Castillo, 35, warrant arrest.
- Vanessa Morales-King, 23, warrant arrest.
- Julio Sanchez Jr., 48, warrant arrest.