HANFORD – Assemblymember Rudy Salas (D-Bakersfield) is hosting a free tax return preparation workshop this Friday in Hanford. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program provides free basic tax return preparation for low- to moderate-income taxpayers, including military veterans, the elderly, or taxpayers with a disability. IRS-certified volunteers will lend their expertise to provide free income tax preparation to qualified individuals.
What to bring:
• Photo ID
• Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number for all family members
• All Earnings Statements (W-2’s, 1099’s, Social Security Income, etc.)
• Copy of Prior-Year Tax Return
• Bank Account & Routing Number for Direct Deposit
• Tuition Fees & Expenses
• Expenses Paid for Child/Day Care
WHO: Assemblymember Rudy Salas
WHAT: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Workshop
WHERE: Kings Community Action Organization Office 1130 N. 11th Ave. Hanford, CA
WHEN: Friday, March 8 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Appointments are required. Call (559) 585-7170 to schedule an appointment.
For more information, please visit www.asssembly.ca.gov/salas or call (559) 585-7170.
Get local news delivered to your inbox!
Subscribe to our Daily Headlines newsletter.