Skip to main content

The annual Selma Band Festival Parade took place in downtown Selma Saturday.  The parade started at 9 a.m. and the field show competition started at 2:30 p.m. at Staley Stadium.

• Updated

"Are you ready for Christmas?" I think I've heard that question a dozen times this Christmas season. It seems to be the common question in December, a lot like "How's the weather?" Customary answers are, "I'm not even ready yet!” Or “I've got so much to do!" Christmas cards, cookies, decorat…

top story

’Tis the season to…wait in line! Whether it’s at the grocery store, the post office or the mall, we’ve all been there – but don’t let the DMV be one of those places. Now you can add DMV to the “nice list” for not having to wait in line for some online services.

• Updated

Now that gray winter days are here, it's time to start thinking of ways to add color to the garden. What I miss most during winter is flowers in the yard. But I found an answer to those dull winter landscape doldrums. 

• Updated

"Are you ready for Christmas?" I think I've heard that question a dozen times this Christmas season. It seems to be the common question in December, a lot like "How's the weather?" Customary answers are, "I'm not even ready yet!” Or “I've got so much to do!" Christmas cards, cookies, decorat…

• Updated

And so, as we sit in our recliners and sofas to watch and listen to the Presidential candidates and their party teammates, the 2020 election is being billed as a battle for the very existence of our democracy.

The annual Selma Band Festival Parade took place in downtown Selma Saturday.  The parade started at 9 a.m. and the field show competition star…

Some of the top contributors to the Kings County economy were awarded this week for their ongoing work throughout their communities and the region. 

• Updated

According to Sophia Medina, event coordinator with the Kings Cultural Center, the 8th annual Dia de las Muertos celebration will be held from …

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News