Criticism is the act of judging unfavorably or faultfinding. It is often appropriate to judge a person, thing, or action unfavorably. In fact,…

“We know that for those who love God, all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28).

A few years ago I went to our junior high's leadership class to talk about safety and anti-bullying. The class made posters for me and I made …

Recently my family spent a few days in the hilly, woodsy town of Grass Valley, for a wedding and a visit with some old college friends.

If you have lost a loved one to death, you know that it is a painful experience. I have crossed that path many times in my lifetime. Jesus und…

Change is something everyone is scared of, especially if we have had the same system for many years. As a student organizer with Valley Forwar…

My sister and I would like to take this opportunity to thank The First United Methodist Church of Selma for giving us the honor and privilege …

A “Shout Out” to Josh and Jill O’Bannon, owners of “The Mercantile” and “Trinity Architecture.” Recently I was told the building my office was…

It was another gloomy winter afternoon in our working-class English village. Ever since we’d been stationed at JAC Molesworth in the flat Camb…

The flashing yellow sign saying “Accident, Freeway Closed at Hwy 138, Prepare to Stop” was not ideal on July 19 as I returned to work from a t…

A friend of mine, a resident of Kingsburg, made a statement the other day that caused me to search the Scriptures. Ever had that experience? H…

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alerts

Breaking News