REEDLEY – Three local law enforcement and fire personnel were among honorees at Reedley Elks Lodge #2699’s Eighth Annual Officer and First Responders Appreciation Dinner. The event was April 16 and took place at the Elks’ Lodge on F Street.
Among honorees were Kingsburg Fire Department Captain Wayne Osborn, Kingsburg Police Department Officer Lee Forlines and Selma Police Department Officer Dwayne McPherson.
Police and fire department chiefs were tasked with choosing among their department staff for the honor. The cities of Reedley, Dinuba, Kingsburg, Orange Cove, Parlier, Selma, Sanger and Fowler took part. Also attending was the Sequoia Safety Council.
The Elks Lodge’s Exulted Ruler Forrest Wright III and Chaplain Marvin Elrod, who organized the event, presented the certificates to each honoree and there were an estimated 60 guests in attendance.
A representative from each department spoke about their honoree expressing their thanks and gratitude for their service and dedication to their various communities.
Sanger’s Chief of Police also expressed gratitude to the various cities and departments represented, as well as thanking the Elks Lodge #2699 for their continuing support of all first responders.
Here is a list of the Elks’ other honorees:
- Dinuba Police Department: Sergeant George Ayala
- Fowler Fire Department: Engineer Eric Galarza
- Orange Cove Fire Department: Captain Rudy Lopez
- Orange Cove Police Department: Officer Rolando Urrea
- Parlier Police Department: Officer Charles Bolding
- Reedley Fire Department: Engineer Gilbert Torrez
- Reedley Police Department: Detective Steven Puryear
- Sanger Police Department: Officer Amanda Nelson
- Sequoia Safety Council: EMT Erik Milton