SELMA – John Kahaian’s 1955 Chevrolet Nomad was named as the Best of Show entry at the 11th Annual Parkin’ in the Park Car Show Sept. 16.
The car show is sponsored by the Selma District Chamber of Commerce and took place at Lincoln Park. Executive Director Bob Allen said aside from perfect weather, the event brought in a wider variety of entries.
“I think we had an extremely great amount of different cars than in the past. We had a lot of new car owners that came out to show their cars and the variety. The cars were just spectacular.”
Allen thanked this year’s sponsors who included the Selma Auto Mall, Glacier Refrigeration, Bank of Sierra, Waste Management, Cal Water and the city of Selma.
Local musicians B Side provided entertainment and plans are underway to grow the event next year, Allen said.
“I heard people say all afternoon and all morning how beautiful the cars are. It was a better turnout than last year and we hope to grow on that every year,” Allen said.
Here is a list of this year’s winners:
- Best of show: John Kahaian - 1955 Chevrolet Nomad
- Best stock original: Gary Dodd - 1971 Corvette
- Best restored: James Hanada - 1930 La Salle 340
- Best street rod: Chuck Volpa - 1932 Ford Hi-Boy
- Best truck: Ron and John Hover - 1955 Chevy Truck 3100
- Best Corvette: Fred Stevens - 1962 Corvette
- Best Mustang: Scott McClintock - 1965 Ford Mustang
- Best low rider: Daniel Duran - 1937 Chevrolet Master Deluxe
- Best modified: Jack Cox - 2003 Nissan
- Best Mopar: Mike Siegel - 1972 Plymouth Duster
- Best motorcycle: Randy Salinas - 2010 Big Bear Chopper
- Best muscle: David Valla - 1966 Pontiac GTO
- Best paint: Danny Ozcoidi - 1934 Ford three-window Coupe
- Best special interest: Joe Cluff - 1927 Pierce Arrow 80
- Best convertible: Royce Taylor - 1955 Chevrolet
- Best custom: Pat Graham - 1937 Ford Coupe
- Best engine: Jana Herrick - 1955 Chevrolet truck
- Best Ford: Robert Shonkwiler - 1936 Two-door Ford
- Best GM car: Lewis Dann - 1955 Chevrolet
- Best interior: Howell Wiggins - 1934 Ford two-door sedan
- Best judges’ pick: Art Serna - 1931 Ford A Roadster