SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Firefighters suspect a faulty water heater is to blame in a carbon-monoxide death in San Francisco.

San Francisco Fire spokesman Lt. Jonathan Baxter told the San Francisco Chronicle that a carbon monoxide monitor in a house alerted firefighters before dawn Thursday.

Firefighters say they found one man dead on a bed, and another unconscious woman who required hospitalization.

Baxter says other residents were treated at the scene for carbon-monoxide poisoning.

———

Information from: San Francisco Chronicle, http://www.sfgate.com

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Load comments