FORT LEE, Va. -- Back by popular demand are the commissaries’ case lot sales. This time they’re called Commissary Customer Appreciation Sales, and they offer savings of 50 percent or more on club pack and full case items.
Each stateside commissary -- Alaska and Hawaii included -- and Puerto Rico will have a two- or three-day case lot sale event during Aug. 14 to Sept. 30. Customers can go to www.commissaries.com/stores/html/store.cfm?dodaac=N&page=case_lot_dates to find out when their store is having the sale.
Customers can also find sale information on their store’s Web page: Just log on to the commissary website, click the “Locations” link, access the “Alphabetical Listing” link from the drop down menu and choose the store. Overseas stores may hold substitute events such as sidewalk sales.
“It’s been nearly two years since our last case lot sale, and we are really excited to bring these back since they are so popular with customers,” said Randy Chandler, the Defense Commissary Agency’s director of sales. “These events can help families stock up for back to school, and they’re also a great way to get your everyday bulk items at great prices.”
Customers have a variety of options to choose from. The list includes:
• Back-to-school items for all ages, such as trail mix, nuts, fruit bars, 100 percent juice, peanut butter, sports drinks and kids complete meals
• Pet supplies to include bagged and canned food, treats, and cat litter
• Pasta sauces, rice and condiments
• Cookies, brownies and pudding
• Canned tuna and chili
• Paper products and cleaning supplies such as bathroom tissue, fabric sheets and laundry detergent.
• Health and beauty care including diapers, wipes, shampoo and conditioner
“We got a large variety of items involved with this sale,” Chandler said. “Our goal is to make it as worthwhile for our customers as possible.”